Murray City General Elections
Murray City 2017 Municipal Primary and General Elections
The next Murray City Municipal General Election will be held on November 7, 2017. The following seats will be up for election:
- Mayor (4-year term)
- Councilmember District 2 (4-year term)
- Councilmember District 4 (4-year term)
Qualifications for Candidacy
- Be a United States citizen at the time of filing.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of the next municipal election.
- Be a registered voter.
- Be a resident of the municipality for 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the date of the election.
- If elected from a council district, the person must be a resident of that council district.
Filing for Office
Qualified individuals seeking to become a candidate must file a Declaration of Candidacy in person with the City Recorder during the following dates and times:
Thursday June 1, 2017 through Wednesday June 7, 2017 from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm.
For further information, you may contact the City Recorder's office at 801-264-2660.
Additional Election Information
Most State elections are handled through the Salt Lake County Elections Division, and may be contacted at: (385) 468-8683.
For State, County, School Board, and other election information, such as voter registration, please visit:
Salt Lake County Elections
Utah State Elections