Murray Cultural Arts hosts and sponsors a variety of performances; when one of our productions holds auditions, we’ll announce it here!
"Shrek The Musical" Directed by Brighton Sloan
Performance Dates: July 9-10, 12, 15-17
Auditions: Virtual Submission by April 19th
- Callbacks: April 21 by appointment only
- Rehearsals: Begins May 3rd.
- Mon - Thurs 6:30 - 9:30 PM and Saturdays 9 AM - 1 PM.
- Murray Firehouse
- Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
- Children 5-10 for Young Shrek and Fiona, Singers/Dancers
- 15+ for all other roles
Virtual Submissions - by April 19th
- Required by all auditioners
- Those auditioning for dance role do not need to submit vocal selection
- Send all materials to email@example.com
- 1 minute video of a contemporary musical theatre song
- Headshot/Resume or a document listing previous dance/singing/acting experience
- Completed audition form, including any potential conflicts.
Dance Call: April 20th by Appointment
- Required for all auditioners 16+ (unless otherwise excused by production team)
- Wear comfortable clothing, mask, and prepared to move
- Groups limited to 10 people at a time
- will be scheduled upon receipt of audition materials
- Held at Murray High School
Further Details & Character Roles Breakdown
Disney's "Newsies" Directed by Jim Smith
Music Direction by Alyse Shattuck, Choreography by Mike Romney
Performance Dates: August 6-7, 9, 12-14
Auditions: Submissions accepted through May 3 by 10:00 pm.
- Auditions will be by video submission only
- Callbacks: May 8, 9:00 AM, Murray Mansion
- Rehearsals: Begin May 17th, held at the Murray Mansion
- Clearly state name and song choice
- Submit resume, photo and audition video through Audition Form
- Submissions too large to attach to the audition form can be sent to directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Videos should be no longer than three minutes in length
- Videos must be sent prior to May 3rd at 10:00 PM
- All roles with the exception of Medda Larkin are available
- Download video submission information and roles to be cast