Join Johnny Appleseed and his pioneer friends as they plant apple orchards across the West January 14, 2023. An audition will be held for the Missoula Children's Theatre production of JOHNNY APPLESEED, January 9, 2023.
This original musical production is part of the Missoula Children's Theatre unique international touring project and is presented locally by Murray City Cultural Arts.
AUDITIONS: January 9, 2023, 4 to 6 pm
- Auditions for approximately 50 to 60 children and youth (grades K through 12) will be held January 9 from 4 to 6 pm at Hillcrest Jr High Little Theater. Auditions are limited to children attending public/charter schools within Murray City boundaries or Murray residents.
- Assistant directors will also be selected to assist with various cast groups and technical aspects of the production.
- Those auditioning must plan to stay the entire two hours. The cast will be announced at the end of the audition.
REHEARSALS: January 9-14
- Rehearsals will begin 30 minutes after auditions for major parts in the production.
- Although rehearsal times will vary for each character, those who are cast must be available between 4 and 8:30 pm for the entire week of January 9 through 14 and all day Saturday, January 14
- Participants must clear their week of all other activities such as piano lessons, sports games and practices. This production will be learned and produced in just one week of rehearsals, so attendance at every rehearsal is mandatory.
- Costumes for each child are provided by the Missoula Children's Theatre Company. However, a performers T-shirt may be purchased (optional) during the week.
PERFORMANCES: January 14, 1 and 4 pm
- Purchase tickets at the door or at the Murray Parks & Rec Office.
- Doors open 30 minutes prior to show
- $5 General Admission
- $25 Family (up to 6)