2020 General Elections
2020 General Election Information
The 2020 General Election will be held on Tuesday, November 3, 2020. This election will be conducted by mail.
All active registered voters will automatically receive a ballot in the mail. The County Clerks will mail ballots out between October 13, 2020 and October 27, 2020. If you need to register to vote, your voter registration must be received by your county clerk before 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 23, 2020. You may register to vote at an early voting location or at a polling location on Election Day.
If you receive a vote-by-mail ballot, you are still allowed to vote in person as long as you have not returned your by-mail ballot. Vote centers will be available to voters from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Election Day. Your vote history is recorded in the database and will be checked by poll worker before you will be allowed to vote on the electronic voting machine.
You can return your ballot 1 of 3 ways:
- Mail your ballot through the U.S. Postal Service. Make sure it is postmarked on or before November 2, 2020 (the day before the election).
- In Salt Lake County, return your ballot to one of the 20 drive-up drop boxes located throughout the county.
- Return your ballot to an Early Voting or Election Day Vote Center during polling hours and until 8:00 p.m. on Election Night.
Early Voting for the 2020 General Election will be held at Murray City Hall located at 5025 South State Street in the Council Chambers on the following dates and times:
- Monday, October 26, 2020 - 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 27, 2020 - 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 28, 2020 - 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 29, 2020 - 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, October 30, 2020 – 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
You can also drop off your ballot at either of the two secure ballot boxes located on Arlington Avenue between Murray City Hall and the Post Office.
In addition, voting for the General Election will be held at the following locating in Murray from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on November 3, 2020:
- Murray City Hall – 5025 South State Street, Murray, Utah 84107
- Murray City Senior Recreation Center – 10 East 6150 South, Murray, Utah 84107
- Wheeler Historic Farm – 6351 South 900 East, Murray, Utah 84121
For a complete list of vote centers and ballot drop boxes, additional information on the election and candidates or to check your voter registration status visit https://vote.utah.gov or https://slco.org/clerk/elections.
Information on Judicial Retention Elections in Utah can be found at judges.utah.gov.
Click here for an overview of the judges in Salt Lake County.