Jr. Real Salt Lake Spring Soccer
Soccer is the #1 played sport in the World. Murray Parks and Recreation, along with Real Salt Lake, bring you Jr. Real Soccer. PreK-6th grades are recreational, grades 7-9th play competitive. (Some teams may be Coed.) Registration includes uniform (jersey, shorts & socks) and Jr. Fun Pass (each player will receive a card good for any two Utah Royals FC games and three Real Monarchs' games), 8 games, and weekly practices. Games will be played on Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings.
Dates: April 18 to May 11
Days: Thursday Nights (5:45 pm & 6:45 pm)
Saturday Mornings (9:00 am & 10:00 am)
Grades: Pre-K, Kindergarten,1-2, 3-4, 5-6 & 7-12
Cost: $50 Residents, $60 nonresidents, $5 late fee after the deadline
Deadline: Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 8:00 am
Register: is now open!
For more information, call 801 264-2614!
Soccer Ball Basics
A proper sized soccer ball is a must for every player. Soccer balls usually come in three different sizes:
- Size 3 balls are the smallest balls and are generally used for children under the age of 8
- These balls are generally 23-24 inches in circumference and weigh between 11-12 ounces
- Size 4 balls are used for players between the ages of 8-12
- Size 4 balls weigh between 12-13 ounces and have a circumference of 25-26 inches
- This is the international standard match ball for all ages 13 and older, including all adult play
- The size 5 ball weighs between 14-16 ounces with a circumference of 27-28 inches
All Soccer games will begin the evening of April 18th (Thursday). Game times TBD
Teams will be formed the first week of April and then the volunteer coaches will be notified. The coaches meeting will also be the first week of April (location and time TBD). You may then expect to be contacted by your child's coach with team info including when and where they will hold practice.
- Shin guards ARE required. Team Gear (8472 S State St. Midvale, Ut) gives Murray Recreation 20% off regular retail price.
- Shoes: Younger grades need an athletic running type shoe but soccer cleats are not required. Older grades will want a soccer cleat. NO METAL cleats are allowed.
- Team jerseys will be given out at the first game.