Fall Soccer 2020
FALL SOCCER 2020
Murray Recreation Soccer is a program where kids are having FUN! They experience camaraderie with their friends while gaining new ones. The players are refining their skills as well as learning new techniques.
Kids LOVE to play and compete in a positive, encouraging environment. Join us by registering now :)
Grades K through 6th play recreational soccer and grades 7 through 12th play competitive soccer (some teams may be coed). K through 6 games are played on short-sided fields to increase individual playing skills. Registration includes uniform (jersey, shorts & socks), 12 games (*this season only because spring soccer was canceled), and weekly practices. Please see your team schedule for actual game time and location. Coaches are needed, so please volunteer.
DATES: August 6 - September 17 (Sept. 19 rain-out day and no games on September 5th due to Labor Day).
WHERE: Parks and Schools located throughout Murray.
DIVISIONS: Coed Pre-K (3 yr old minimum), coed Kindergarten, Girls 1&2, Boys 1&2, Girls 3&4, Boys 3&4, Coed 5&6 and Coed 7-12. COST: $50 Resident, $60 Non-resident, $5 late fee after the deadline.
DEADLINE: Monday, July 27th 2020 at 8:00 am.
REGISTER: www.mcreg.com, Parks and Rec Office or the Park Center.
COACHES MEETING: July 23, 2020 at 6pm - 7pm, location TBA.
For more information call: 801-264-2614
SOCCER BALL BASICS
A proper sized soccer ball is a must for every player. Soccer balls usually come in three different sizes:
- Size 3 balls are the smallest balls and are generally used for children under the age of 8.
- These balls are generally 23-24 inches in circumference and weigh between 11-12 ounces.
- Size 4 balls are used for players between the ages of 8-12.
- These balls weigh between 12-13 ounces and have a circumference of 25-26 inches.
- This is the international standard match ball for all ages 13 and older, including all adult play.
- The size 5 ball weighs between 14-16 ounces with a circumference of 27-28 inches.
All soccer games will begin Thursday August 6th at either 5:45 pm or 6:45 pm.
- August 6 Thursday
- August 8 Saturday
- August 13 Thursday
- August 15 Saturday
- August 20 Thursday
- August 22 Saturday
- August 27 Thursday
- August 29 Saturday
- September 3 Thursday
- NO SOCCER SEPTEMBER 5
- September 10 Thursday
- September 12 Saturday
- September 17 Thursday
- Any games rained-out will be played September 19 (if needed/possible)
Teams will be formed the week of July 20th and then the volunteer coaches will be notified. The coaches meeting will also be Thursday July 23, 2020 6pm - 7pm (location TBA). You may then expect to be contacted by your child’s coach with team info including when and where they will hold practice.
Registration is open now until July 20, 2020 at 8:00 am. You may register online, at the Parks and Recreation Office or at the Park Center.