COVID-19 Business Relief Resources
Murray City has partnered with Salt Lake County to administer CARES Act funds and to serve as a conduit for information and resources for businesses, community stakeholders, and residents suffering hardship during this time.
The link below will take you to a letter from the Murray Economic Development Director, Melinda Greenwood, outlining the resources available from county and state governments to help your business.
Conducting Business with Murray City: COVID-19
The Murray City Public Services Building is open to the public with social distancing precautions in place. When possible, we are encouraging business to be conducted through our website, via email, or over the phone. We are also continuing contactless document exchange and business transactions through the drop box located at our front entrance.
For more information or to schedule an appointment:
Salt Lake County COVID-19 Small Business Impact Grant
June 11, 2020
We’re excited to share details with you today about the Salt Lake County COVID-19 Small Business Impact Grant. Applications will open beginning Tuesday, June 16. Eligible applicants who are approved can receive up to $35,000. With these CARES Act funds, the County expects to help at least 1,000 businesses that have struggled to secure aid thus far during COVID-19.
Click on the link below for a press release from Salt Lake County explaining details of the program:
- Murray City requires that a valid business license be held by anyone conducting business within Murray City. Applications are available by clicking on “Application & Forms”. Applications can be submitted by mail or in person. For additional questions and information please contact the Business Licensing office at 801-270-2420.
- "Business" means and includes every craft, trade, occupation, profession, or activity pursued for gain or profit, excluding services rendered by an employee to an employer.
- Non-profit, charitable, governmental, and insurance agencies are also required to obtain a business license, although they may be exempt from license fees.
- Processing time varies due to circumstances where a conditional use, Health Department approval, etc. is needed. Murray City does not offer interim licensing.
- You must have your business license issued prior to opening/operating.
- Each business location will need a separate license.
- Licenses are not transferable from address to address, or from owner to owner.
- Minor changes, such as mailing address, may be submitted without an application.
- Murray City requires that written notice be submitted if a business has moved out of the City or is no longer conducting business. Please note that license fees are not refundable.
ALL persons or partnerships doing business in Utah under an assumed business name must register with the Secretary of State. Corporations, LLC’s, etc., must file articles & name registration. You can register online by clicking on the following link One Stop Online Business Registration (Please note that this registration is not a business license. Business licenses are obtained through Murray City.)
Temporary and Seasonal Businesses
Temporary and seasonal businesses are required to obtain licenses prior to opening/operating.
Renewal notices are mailed out the first of the month in which the license expires. In order to avoid penalty fees, renewal forms and payment must be received in our office during normal business hours prior to the expiration date.
We do not accept post marks as timely payment and cannot be responsible for lost or misdirected mail. Responsibility of renewal is total responsibility of the Licensee. Failure to receive notices does not excuse this responsibility.
Online Business License Renewal
Only licenses without changes can be renewed online. If there are any updates to the number of employees, vehicles, etc., you will need to come into our office or mail your renewal notice along with your payment. Business licenses are not transferable. If there is a change in ownership or business location, please contact the Business Licensing office at 801-270-2420.
- Exempt businesses with no fees must submit the renewal notice to the business licensing office and are not able to renew online.
- By using the online renewal option, you agree to the terms and conditions as outlined above.
- First time users will need to register to create an account for the Citizen Self Service. Step by step instructions to create an account are available by clicking "Create Citizen Self Service Account."
- Click Online Business License Renewal to pay your bill and renew your business license.
Our office address is:
4646 South 500 West
Murray, Utah 84123
Telephone: (801) 270-2420