INVESTIGATIONS (Murray Municipal Code 5.04.240)
An original background check and personal data sheet is required on each owner, officer and manager for the following list of business classifications.
The Personal Data Sheet must be submitted along with your business application.
Personal Data Sheet Form
Applicable Businesses Types
- Pawnbrokers, secondhand dealers, swap meets, flea markets
- Private investigators and detectives
- Gun Shops
- Businesses conducting any alcohol product sales
- Sexually oriented businesses
- Coin Dealers
- Massage establishments (including owner, operator, manager, managing employee or any other employee who is not, and who is not required to be, licensed by the state division of occupational and professional licensing as a massage therapist or apprentice).
- Establishments which restrict admittance based solely on age.
- Preschools, daycares or other childcare businesses
- Ice cream vendors
- Reiki massage establishments
- Swimming lessons
- Any other business or activity identified under State law as requiring investigations; and
- And other business where an individual has direct access to children or vulnerable adults.
*Background investigation (FBI checks) can be obtained through BCI, 801-965-4445, 3888 W 5400 S, West Valley City, Utah