Murray City Election Information
UPDATED 2023 Election Guide by Brooke Smith
Murray City - 2023 Certification of the 2023 Murray City General Elections Summary Report with Attachments (PDF)
Murray City Municipal Elections
The following information is for the 2023 Murray City Municipal Primary and General Elections.
Murray City will hold a municipal election in 2023 where the following seats will be up for election:
- Councilmember District 1 (4-year term)
- Councilmember District 3 (4-year term)
- Councilmember District 5 (4-year term)
The Municipal General Election will be held on November 21, 2023, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. (UCA 20A-1-201)
Early Voting Locations
Election Day Vote Centers
If you need to register to vote, you can easily do it online. Please visit the Online Voter Registration Website to find out more. You will need to have a current Utah Driver's License or Identification Card to register to vote using the online system.
You can check your voter registration status, the location of ballot drop boxes and vote centers, and view other election information at the Salt Lake County Clerk's Election Website.
Visit Vote Utah to view candidate profiles, find information about polling locations, register to vote, view sample ballots, and much more.
Vote By Mail
Murray City elections are “VOTE BY MAIL ONLY.” However, if you would like to vote on a voting machine, they will be available at Murray City Hall from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on election day. Bring a valid Identification, to City Hall and the judges will assist you. For more information on “VOTE BY MAIL” or "VOTE IN-PERSON" please visit http://clerk.slco.org.
Active registered voters will receive a ballot in the mail about three weeks before the election. A postage-paid envelope is provided for your convenience; however, to save taxpayer dollars, Salt Lake County has provided many convenient drop box locations.
In conjunction with vote-by-mail, Early Voting and Election Day Vote Centers will be available for those who need to vote in person:
- Individuals who did not receive a ballot for various reasons including those who moved and did not update their address.
- Individuals utilizing same-day voter registration. The law allows for voter registration at Early Voting Locations and Election Day Vote Centers. Identification AND proof of residency are required to register and vote on the same day.
- Individuals who need the amenities of the electronic voting machines, which offer an audio ballot and enlarged text.
Voters may vote at any one of the locations, regardless of where they reside in the County.
A ballot returned by mail must be postmarked the day before Election Day! After this day, you can drop off your voted ballot at a designated location on Election Day.
UOCAVA Election Notice
The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) Notice:
- 2023 Municipal General Election November 21, 2023
- Council Member - District 1 - (4-year term)
- Council Member - District 3 – (4-year term)
- Council Member - District 5 – (4-year term)
For forms and instructions please see: FEDERAL WRITE-IN ABSENTEE BALLOT (FWAB): https://www.fvap.gov/uploads/FVAP/Forms/fwab2013.pdf
Be sure to check this page for any updates.